April 17, 2009

middle school drugs.

I'm sick. I've been sick for a couple of weeks now, actually, but I've just now accepted that I'm sick and I have to do something about it. It's your basic congestion based illness. Stuffy nose, cough, swollen glands, etc. Not a lot of fun and seems to last forever. So last night my boyfriend finally convinced me to take some Nyquill and get it over with, so obviously I did. I think I took too much and about had a DXM trip. The kids these days call it Robo-tripping. I kid you not, when I got my boyfriend to drive me to the grocery store so I could get something to eat, I was stumbling and slurring my words. Everything looked brighter and strange. It was just not right. Not right! I just wanted to clear out my nose and get some sleep, not have a mind altering experience. Good lord.

I mean, I was literally walking down the cereal aisle looking like a crackhead. Wearing my pajamas, mouth hanging open, not knowing what to look like. My boyfriend thought it was hilarious, but if I had been in a state of mind to see how I was acting, I would not have. I'm sure people in there were like "What the fuck is this chick on...?" Luckily I'm not from a small town so people won't "talk" and spread it around about that "Robb girl who's on drugs!" In fact, I'm pretty sure that most of my neighbors are or have been on drugs at some point so I'm hoping I didn't stand out too much from my little accidental overdose. Oh well, I got something to eat and immediately fell asleep afterward and am feeling much better this morning so hopefully I won't have any more escapades into the world of dextromethorphan psychosis.

0 questions, comments, and/or outrageous objections.: