April 12, 2009

melting pot.

Yesterday was my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary. Wanting to do something special, he took me to the Melting Pot and we feasted on a seemingly never-ending fondue meal. Needless to say, I enjoyed it. I still feel full. Our appetizer consisted of a cheese fondue that was three different cheeses, I believe, with garlic, pesto, tomatoes, and wine. Oh, my GOD. It was delicious, but wait, there's more! We were next supplied with a salad of mixed greens, a WHOLE sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese, and the strongest balsamic dressing I have ever encountered in my life. Seriously, that stuff cleared out my sinuses hardcore. Our entree was assorted raw meats that we personally cooked in another fondue concoction. These meats included lobster, fillet mignon, sirloin, chicken, shrimp, and pork. You know, if I didn't feel out of place at this restaurant already, that selection definitely did it. But it was also 100% delicious and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I'm not the biggest fan of fruity drinks, but I accompanied my meal with a signature cocktail called Basil Strawberry Lemonade, made with crushed basil, strangely, and strawberries, lemonade, and Strawberry Smirnoff. It really wasn't bad at all, as weird as it sounds. Honestly, at this point, I didn't think I'd have room for desert, but since that was the whole reason I wanted to come, I made room. This chocolate fondue had peanut butter in it, and it was amazing. Orgasmic, even. I stuffed my face, that's for sure. I also ordered and after dinner coffee drink called Cafe Reggae. Now, I've made drinks like this before, so let me tell you I was a little shocked when I took my first sip and it tasted like straight rum. I really couldn't taste any of the other ingredients at all, it just tasted like hot rum. Where's the coffee!? Anyway, the bartender, on his way to the restroom, walks up to us as I'm taking a sip and says "You're welcome! I really dumped it in there." All I could cleverly respond with was "Yeah, I can tell!" Anyway, it was better as I drank more and the whipped cream on top mixed with the rest. Anyway, at this point my boyfriend and myself were on the verge of popping so we decided to call it a night and enjoyed a thoroughly uncomfortable ride home. All in all, it was a great anniversary and I would definitely go back, though I might forgo eating for a few days before hand.

0 questions, comments, and/or outrageous objections.: