April 7, 2009

disney.

I've got a bone to pick with you! Now, don't get me wrong, I grew up with and love Disney movies. However, in my older and wiser years I have noticed a disturbing pattern that they all seem to have in common: they hate single moms! Think about it, really think about it, how many single moms are there in Disney movies? Two that I can think of, and guess what? They're evil stepmothers! All the other Disney movies either have both parents, whom you don't see much of, or a single dad. In fact, I've compiled a list for you:








The Little Mermaid, single dad.
A Goofy Movie, single dad.
Pocahontas, single dad.
The Great Mouse Detective, single dad.
Pinocchio, kind of a stretch, but essentially...single dad.
Finding Nemo, single dad.
The Wild, single dad.
And you know what? Hannah Montana, single dad!

And what's more!
Cinderella, evil stepmother.
Snow White, evil stepmother!

And of course, what did they do to Bambi's mom? Shot her.
I rest my case. Disney consists of nothing but a bunch of matricidal maniacs.

2 questions, comments, and/or outrageous objections.:

Peregrine White said...

I've often thought the same thing about Disney. One film that you missed was "The Journey of Natty Gann" (single dad).

The only exception that I can think of is "Dumbo" - a single mom.

A. Robb said...

Yeah, I don't think my list was entirely comprehensive, but I think I got the point across.