February 27, 2009

interesting facts.



I have a legitimate fear of zombies. I really don't know where this developed from, honestly. I suppose everyone is entitled to one irrational fear and at least I don't take it to the extreme of barracading myself in my house every night while maintaining my stock of unperishible food and ammunition, but it really does get to me that I even have these thoughts. I always say to myself "Well, A. You do know the unliklihood of this ever happening?" and then I respond "Yeah...but what if?" When you think about it, if the situation ever arises, it will be very difficult to survive. Sure, when you think about it logically, a zombie couldn't be the sprinting monsters of the re-vamped Dawn of the Dead seeing as dead bodies tend to be stiff, but the slow zombies get you, too, and to me that's just as scary. All I hope is that this random fear doesn't cause me to lose my mind and build a zombie-proof safe house one day, sleeping with a rifle next to my bed.
At least the people I know now are on my side. My boyfriend bought me a 10 pack of shooting targets with zombies on them and treated me to a trip to the indoor shooting range. At least I know the art of the zombie head shot now and will be prepared if I don't lose my grip under pressure.
Sure, people think I'm absolutely nuts. I think I'm crazy! But the fear is there and I guess I'll just have to wait until I grow out of it because I can't seem to get rid of it. All I can do is hope it doesn't get worse and I become that "crazy lady down the street." You know, the one that never goes outside and doesn't let people in? Oh, god.


Random: I will fight tooth and nail with you over the fact that 28 Days Later is not a zombie movie.

2 questions, comments, and/or outrageous objections.:

Anonymous said...

Haha, this made me laugh.

My irrational fear is of geese. I get goosebumps just thinking about those nasty fuckers!

A. Robb said...

Hey, geese are mean. I see where you're coming from. haha